DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Students. Each year, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) support young professionals from developing countries with a variety of scholarships to pursue internationally recognized Postgraduate degree in selected courses at German Universities.
Application Deadline: Varies by University between August & October 2019. Please check the relevant deadlines of the universities in the DAAD Brochure.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: For students from developing countries who have a special interest in the economic challenges facing developing and transition countries.
To be taken at (country): German Universities and “Fachhochschulen” (Universities of Applied Sciences)
Eligible Field of Study: At present, postgraduate courses are offered in the following fields:
- Economic Sciences / Business Administration / Political Economics
- Development Co-operation
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Regional Planning
- Agriculture and Forest Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Veterinary Medicine
- Social Sciences and Education
- Media Studies
The programme is taught entirely in English.
From among the large number of postgraduate courses offered by German institutions of higher education, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports a carefully chosen selection of programmes of particular interest to junior executives from developing countries. These degree courses, which consist of one to two years of concentrated study, provide young, academically-trained professionals in leading positions from developing countries with the opportunity to engage in postgraduate education and training in their particular field or profession.
Type: Master’s and PhD degree
Eligibility: The Typical Scholarship Holder:
- Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience.
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
The candidates have the professional and academic qualifi cations necessary to ensure successful completion of the degree programme in Germany (fi nal scores on previous academic examinations, language skills),
women and candidates from disadvantaged groups who meet the required academic and professional standards and show proven commitment to development-related issues are especially targeted for programme admission..
Number of Scholarships: a number of DAAD scholarships are available
Value of Scholarship: Full and partial scholarships
Duration of Scholarship: 12-24 months depending on the particular institution
How to Apply
DAAD application forms are available on the DAAD website.
Applications have to be sent to the respective course directly!
Applications sent via e-mail to the DAAD cannot be considered during the selection process.
Download the DAAD Scholarship Brochure from scholarship course (in link below)
Scholarship Provider: the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Important Notes: Scholarships cannot be awarded without the official DAAD application form. Many courses, however, have their own forms, which must be submitted in addition to the DAAD application form.